Walking Across Europe is superb so get on your walking boots to see the region at its very best and really get away from it all.
Other items which you may find useful for your upcoming walking trip include:
• Personal medication (e.g. inhaler)
• Pen and Notepad
• Swiss Army Knife or Knife multi-tool
• Compass (if you know how to use it)
• GPS to record the route
• Insect repellent
• Sit mat
• Guidebook of the local area
• Survival bag (emergency shelter providing wind and rain protection for a small group – should you be forced to stop during bad weather).